For the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT), we deployed the Geocortex web-mapping platform. As part of this installation we performed the following tasks to allow them to begin using this technology as quickly as possible.
- Deployed the Geocortex framework to the NDOT servers.
- Created a basic map of NDOT assets by connecting to various data sources such as NDOT’s ArcGIS Server.
- Created a single application targeted at a group of users that showed the various capabilities of the Geocortex technology.
- Customized the Silverlight viewer allowing the above application to be served via a desktop web browser.
- Created secure logins with appropriate roles for the above application allowing only authorized users to gain access to the application.
- Trained administrative staff how to configure and modify applications using the framework’s administrative capabilities
NDOT deployed Geocortex using a highly secure three-tiered architecture and has since deployed a separate, public-facing site.